Need a low-cost alternative to traditional, overpriced health insurance? The best Health Sharing Plans for 2023 are not only more affordable than insurance, but they’re also more versatile than ever.
In this short healthshare comparison guide, we’re looking at 5 of the best medical cost sharing options for the 2023 season.
Method: How We Compare the Best Health Sharing Plans for 2023
- Monthly Price. Known as a ‘Contribution’ or ‘Share’, this is the member amount that must be paid in order to have access to cost sharing.
- Annual Member Portion (AHP) or Equivalent: Similar to a deductible, every healthshare program asks the member to cover a portion of the medical bill before cost sharing kicks in.
- Annual or Lifetime Sharing Limits: Some healthshare plans have annual or lifetime limits on the amount of medical costs that can be shared.
- Member Benefits: Additional member benefits can include things like unlimited telehealth, mental health access, substance abuse counseling, and more.
- Statement of Faith / Statement of Belief: Most healthshare plans require members to agree to a list of beliefs or principles. Some are based in the Christian or Jewish faith, and some are non-religious.
Compare Pricing on the Best Healthshare Plans Available
Top 5 Best Health Sharing Plans for 2023: MediShare, MPB Health, and More
3.) OneShare Health: Lowest Monthly Cost
By combining an MPB Health cost sharing membership with a Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plan, OneShare Health members can gain access to the powerful investment potential of a Health Savings Account (HSA).
OneShare Health’s Catastrophic Program has one of the lowest monthly rates of any individual healthcare plan. It’s a great option for people who stay healthy and don’t need to use their coverage on a regular basis.
4.) Altrua HealthShare: Diamond-Level Program for Comprehensive Care
Altrua HealthShare offers more plan options than most healthshare companies. The Diamond-level membership includes coverage for both pregnancy and adoption, no annual cost sharing limits, and an annual Member Responsibility Amount (MRA) of only $500. They also have the Cheapest Healthshare Plan on the market: Altrua Ruby.
5.) Sedera Health: Best Small Business Healthshare Option
Sedera’s SELECT + program is one of the only medical cost sharing plans designed exclusively for small businesses. Group healthshare plans with Sedera Health can cost as little as $126 per month. As an employer, you can choose exactly how much to contribute to your employee’s portion, from 0% to 100%.
Remember: You Can Enroll in a Low-Cost Healthshare Plan for 2023 at Any Time
Unlike traditional health insurance, healthcare sharing plans have no enrollment periods. If you need to find a plan for 2023, contact us to be paired with your own Personal Benefits Manager. With a fast, no-cost consultation, we can pair you with the plan that best fits your needs, and get you signed up fast.
Interested in learning more about 2023 HealthShare plans? Take a second to subscribe to Maximize Your HSA, a monthly newsletter dedicated to saving people money on healthcare through HSAs, health sharing plans, and other techniques to reclaim your healthcare freedoms.Here are some additional articles on healthsharing programs: Best Healthshare Plans Comparison Guide 2023 | 6 Interesting Facts About Health Sharing Plans
Here are some additional pages related to this article: All You Need To Know About Healthshare Plans | How Smart Consumers are Opting Out of Obamacare and Slashing Their Costs by Joining Healthshare Programs | Best Healthshare Plans for Maternity – Health Sharing Plans for Childbirth and Beyond