|January 2022||Maximixe your HSA e-Newsletter||Vol. 18, Issue 2|
What the Biden Vaccine Mandate Means for the Future of Healthcare Freedom
Now, there’s plenty of evidence that the vaccine is effective in protecting against severe COVID. But that’s not the issue. The issue, sadly, is the same one that we’ve always been dealing with: A federal government that thinks it can tell us what’s best for our own personal health.
At HSA for America, we’ve got a problem with that. As a company that is wholly dedicated to the concept of Healthcare Freedom, we believe that every American should have the opportunity to choose the health strategy that’s best for them.
Each and every one of us should be able to decide:
- Which health plan is best for us
- How our healthcare dollars are being spent
- Whether or not to get vaccines and immunizations
Can My Employer Force Me to Get the Vaccine?
Even without Biden’s mandate, private companies have the ability to voluntarily enforce a vaccine or testing policy in the workplace. But companies should also have the freedom to let their employees choose for themselves.
Not surprisingly, Biden’s mandate was met with immediate backlash. Americans on both sides of the aisle made it clear that the government needs to mind their own business when it comes to personal health.
U.S. Court Orders Halt on Federal Contractor Mandate
In addition to requiring all large companies to enforce vaccination, the Biden administration also decreed that all federal contractors, including any company operating on federal land, require 100% vaccination.
This isn’t just an overreach, it’s also bad economics. At a time like this, we shouldn’t be limiting the workforce’s ability to perform.
On December 10th, a federal judge issued an immediate halt to the contractor mandate. Once again, our court system had to step in to remind the administrative branch just where their authority ends and citizens’ autonomy begins.
But the hold didn’t last. Later in December, an appeals court reversed the decision again, allowing Biden’s vaccine mandate to go back into effect. At the time of this publishing, it looks like the whole mess might be headed to the supreme court.
Note: We expect there to be more changes to the vaccine mandate in the future. Stay tuned to the Maximize Your HSA Newsletter and the HSA for America Blog for updated information on vaccines, COVID, and healthcare freedom.
When it Comes to COVID, Freedom and Safety are Not Mutually Exclusive
Make no mistake: COVID-19 can be a severe illness, especially for those above 65 and anyone with a health condition. Vaccines can be an effective way to prevent severe infection and hospitalization.
But as Americans, we will always have the right to choose for ourselves how to protect our health. That means choosing whether or not to get vaccinated against COVID-19. But it also means choosing a health plan that is actually the right fit, and isn’t just the one that the federal government is trying to jam everyone into.
Post-COVID, Healthcare Costs will Continue to Rise
Sadly, even when COVID is long behind us, we will still be up against steadily rising healthcare costs. As providers and hospitals jack up their prices, the insurance companies won’t be far behind, and it’s we the people that will be footing the bill in the end.
That’s why we need to protect our healthcare freedom at every chance we get. Here are a few ways to get started:
5 Ways to Protect Your Health and Healthcare Freedom
- Fight for Price Transparency: You deserve to know exactly how much your medical care will cost. Request real dollar amounts before committing to a service or procedure.
- Become a Savvy Healthcare Consumer: Whether it’s for a health plan, a set of hearing aids, or routine lab work, take the time to shop around for the best prices. By comparing how much one hospital charges versus another, we can help create a more consumer-driven healthcare system.
- Maximize Your Healthcare Spending: By contributing pre-tax dollars to a Health Savings Account (HSA), you gain even more control of your healthcare dollars. Even more, you’re creating a critical buffer between medical expenses and your retirement savings.
- Support Free-Market Solutions like Health Sharing: Traditional health insurance is not a good fit for a lot of people. Flexible, low-cost options like Health Sharing Plans should be available to anyone that wants one.
- Stay Ahead of the Game: Getting the best value out of your health plan means keeping up with rate and coverage changes. The same goes for your investment accounts. Every year, connect with your Personal Benefits Manager for an updated consultation. Bookmark HSA for America blog for weekly content on saving money, maximizing your coverage, boosting your coverage, and more.
When it Comes to Your Healthcare, We’ll Fight for You at Every Turn
As of now, it looks like the courts are going to protect our freedom of choice when it comes to the vaccine. But it’s up to us to stand up for the rest of our healthcare freedoms with every dollar, and every decision.
Remember: You have a powerful ally in this fight. Your Personal Benefits Manager is a no-cost, no-hassle personal expert that’s there to help you every step of the way, from comparing rates to planning for long-term financial security.
Call 800-913-0172 anytime to make an appointment. Our services are 100% free-to-you, and there’s never any obligation to buy.
It’s just a friendly conversation about saving you money.
We’re looking forward to it.
Click here to schedule an appointment, or call 800-913-0172 to get started.
To your health and wealth,
Wiley P. Long, III
President - HSA for America
The HSA for America Maximize Your HSA Newsletter is published monthly and emailed to subscribers at no charge. Subscribe now to stay on top of the critical information you need to know about health insurance, healthshare plans and managing your finances to achieve financial security.
- The age of the oldest active member in your family
- The number of members in the membership
- The membership option or tier you select
- Your member commitment portion (MCP)
- Your state of residence
1001-A E. Harmony Rd #519 Fort Collins, CO 80525
info@HSAforAmerica.com | © 2023 - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: All information on this website is relayed to the best of the Company's ability, but does not guarantee accuracy. Information may be out of date. The content provided on this site is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee price or coverage. This site is not intended as, and does not constitute, accounting, legal, tax, and/or other professional advice. Determination of actual price is subject to Carriers.